Re: Jake

Chris M. Starrett ( (no email) )
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:28:00 -0500

--=====================_7574105==_.ALT
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

At 10:08 AM 2/11/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>Thank you so much for your kind messages of thoughts and prayers! They
>are so important to me and help me through these bad times.
>
>As you know, we took Jake to an oncologist/internist in Tulsa yesterday.
>She did a chest x-ray and ultra-sound. Her conclusions were these
>regarding his aggressiveness (and more or less, his lethargy): 1) from the
>ultra-sound it looked to her
>like when his platelets were real low, blood may have leaked into his
>bladder causing pain--he *had* a urinalysis a couple weeks ago,and my vet
>found nothing. The internist said she'd talk to my vet about possibly
>repeating the test--until then I could use Hills C/D diet even though if
>they found some different crystals in the urine, it might mean a different
>diet. The C/D wouldn't hurt, but it may not help; (2) behavior problems
>stemming from being pilled twice each day, and going to the vet monthly
>for immunoregulin shots--he may just have *had* it; (3) a brain tumor
>which could be detected by a catscan which could be done by a neurologist
>in Missouri. If it's a brain tumor, it could probably be removed
>surgically. This option I've completely ruled out. I won't subject Jake
>to the stress of even going to a neurologist, much less having surgery.
>If he were otherwise healthy, I would probably do it, but with his low
>platelets . . . the way it is, we'll be lucky to have him around many more
>months. She did say if the aggression continues, we could try feliway or
>something else.
>
>With all this, I decided to switch to C/D and start feeding Jake Iam's wet
>food and mix in home-made protein (chicken, egg, yolks, liver, etc). I
>also decided to cut back to once a day medicine and only the necessary
>stuff with *one* another item (right now it's vit.c. and thymus in one
>capsule). I won't bring him in to have monthly immunoregulin shots unless
>his mood improves. I'll try subq at home *if* it doesn't stress him to
>give him a shot (I have my doubts).
>
>I'm subtly trying to work healthy things that he will eat and drink into
>his diet, i.e. putting aloe vera juice into the water, mixing his
>interferon with liver, which he loves (making sure it's only 10% of his
>diet).
>
>He'll have to stay on the prednisone, which I hate--but he'll bleed to
>death if he doesn't. I've read where giving it every other day does less
>to suppress his immunity. I'm going to check with the vet and see if we
>could give a double dose every other day. Perhaps a miracle will happen,
>and eventually we can lower the dosage.
>
>Sorry to make this so long. Any suggestions/input would be really
>appreciated. Nancy
>



Nancy,

> I don't know how you all do it I am only at the begining of this and feel
overwelmed by this disease. I hope everything works out and you get that
miracle, you have done so much for jake he must be a special kitty as they all
are good luck.

> Karla
>

====================================================
Chris M. Starrett - chriss@honeymoonpaper.com
Please note that my e-mail address has changed
====================================================
--=====================_7574105==_.ALT
Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"

At 10:08 AM 2/11/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>Thank you so much for your kind messages of thoughts andprayers! They
>are so important to me and help me through these badtimes.
>
>As you know, we took Jake to an oncologist/internist in Tulsayesterday.
>She did a chest x-ray and ultra-sound.  Her conclusionswere these
>regarding his aggressiveness (and more or less, his lethargy):1) from the
>ultra-sound it looked to her
>like when his platelets were real low, blood may have leakedinto his
>bladder causing pain--he *had* a urinalysis a couple weeksago,and my vet
>found nothing.  The internist said she'd talk to my vetabout possibly
>repeating the test--until then I could use Hills C/D diet eventhough if
>they found some different crystals in the urine, it might mean adifferent
>diet.  The C/D wouldn't hurt, but it may not help; (2)behavior problems
>stemming from being pilled twice each day, and going to the vetmonthly
>for immunoregulin shots--he may just have *had* it; (3) a braintumor
>which could be detected by a catscan which could be done by aneurologist
>in Missouri.  If it's a brain tumor, it could probably beremoved
>surgically.  This option I've completely ruled out. I won'tsubject Jake
>to the stress of even going to a neurologist, much less havingsurgery.
>If he were otherwise healthy, I would probably do it, but withhis low
>platelets . . . the way it is, we'll be lucky to have him aroundmany more
>months.  She did say if the aggression continues, we couldtry feliway or
>something else.
>
>With all this, I decided to switch to C/D and start feeding JakeIam's wet
>food and mix in home-made protein (chicken, egg, yolks, liver,etc).  I
>also decided to cut back to once a day medicine and only thenecessary
>stuff with *one* another item (right now it's vit.c. and thymusin one
>capsule).  I won't bring him in to have monthlyimmunoregulin shots unless
>his mood improves.  I'll try subq at home *if* it doesn'tstress him to
>give him a shot (I have my doubts).
>
>I'm subtly trying to work healthy things that he will eat anddrink into
>his diet, i.e. putting aloe vera juice into the water, mixinghis
>interferon with liver, which he loves (making sure it's only 10%of his
>diet).
>
>He'll have to stay on the prednisone, which I hate--but he'llbleed to
>death if he doesn't.  I've read where giving it every otherday does less
>to suppress his immunity.  I'm going to check with the vetand see if we
>could give a double dose every other day.  Perhaps amiracle will happen,
>and eventually we can lower the dosage.
>
>Sorry to make this so long.  Any suggestions/input would bereally
>appreciated. Nancy
>


  

 



  Nancy,

>  I don't know how you all do it I am only at the beginingof this and feel overwelmed by this disease. I hope everything works outand you get that miracle, you have done so much for jake he must be aspecial kitty as they all are good luck.


>    Karla
>

====================================================
Chris M. Starrett  -  chriss@honeymoonpaper.com
Please note that my e-mail address has changed
====================================================--=====================_7574105==_.ALT--

Make your own free website on Tripod.com